Your Love-Link® God-Image-Element #1:
You were DESIGNED (D) to love and be loved.
♥ 1· Learn to be content with how you “are made”.
KNOW YOUR DESIGN (D): Your creation is a ‘one-of-a-kind” Design. No one else can be like you!
♡ What does Psalm 139:14 say about the “unique value” of your Design? “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS STORY?
After trying to put what he thought was a simple toy together on Christmas Eve for his daughter, a father sat back tired and in defeat. He wondered if he would be able to get it together in time for Christmas morning. While thinking about his dilemma, he got a call from his father and told him all about his struggles. His dad simply asked, “Have you found any instructions? What do they suggest?” After the call, he found and read the manufacturer’s instructions. He was amazed. The toy went together in almost no time. It made him think about how he was living his life’s story. Was he paying attention to his heavenly father’s instructions? Did he see the world the way his Creator designed it? Did his relationships please his Maker? Before sleeping that night, he prayed for God to help him learn more from life’s best “spiritual instruction manual”, His Word.
BELIEFS MATTER: Satan wants you to believe “lies” about your created Design.
♡ What Lies about your Design are you tempted to believe, or have you tended to believe?
CHOOSE TRUTH: You are responsible for choosing to know, develop, and use all of your Designs.
♡ Share with someone how accepting your created Design can glorify God and improve every area of your life.
LINKING LOVE AND DESIGN (D): Love-Links® #1 - You were DESIGNED (D) to love and be loved.
♡ List ways that using your Design is important in “learning to be content with how you are made”.
Older & Wiser -DISCOVERING TRUTH ABOUT YOUR DESIGN: Match TRUTHS about the significance, sanctity, and uniqueness of your created Design with the Source of TRUTH:
- Galatians 3:28-29 “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
- Colossians 3:10 “and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,”
- 1 John 3:1-3 “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.”
- Genesis 9: 1-7 “So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.”
- Romans 8: 26-30 “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. …. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”
- Isaiah 44:2 “Thus says the Lord who made you and formed you from the womb, who will help you: ‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant; and you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.’”
MATCHES: 1 _____, 2 _____, 3 _____, 4 _____, 5 _____, 6 _____
- Human life is Designed in God’s image, is sacred, and to be protected
- God created, cares for, and desires your Design to serve Him
- God loves your Design and wants it to reflect his righteousness
- Knowing God’s image creates a “new” ability to purify your Design
- When you join God’s family, your origins and Designs are honored
- God knew your Design even before you were born, (in the womb)
Key: Design Image 1-E; 2-D; 3-C; 4-A; 5-B; 6-F