Your Love-Link® God-Image-Element #2:
Your greatest NEED (N) is to love and be loved.
♥ 2· Learn to “be happy” with what you have.
KNOW YOUR NEEDS (N):God promises to meet all of your Needs (and some desires) abundantly.
♡ What does Philippians 4:19 say about God’s promise to “fully supply” all of your genuine Needs? “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS STORY?
A poor woman lived next to an atheist who often mocked her faith. One day, when she had no money for food, he overheard her praying on the back porch, “Lord, I am so hungry. Would you please provide for me?” To play a trick on her, he bought some food and put it on her porch. When she saw it, she immediately thanked God out loud. Hearing her prayer, her neighbor shouted, “Ah ha! The food came from me, not your God!” Smiling, she lovingly smiled and said to him, “No my dear friend, it came from my Lord; he just used you to bring it! Thank you so much.”
BELIEFS MATTER: Satan wants you to believe “lies” about your created Needs.
♡ What Lies about your Needs are you tempted to believe, or have you tended to believe?
♡ What “TRUTHS” in Love-Links® image-element #2 do you believe about your Needs?.
CHOOSE TRUTH: How you choose to meet your Needs is important to finding joy and fulfillment.
♡ Share with someone how “meeting Needs God’s way” can glorify him, and improve every area of your life.
♡ Which “5 Actions for Growth” can help you better meet your Needs God’s way?
LINKING LOVE AND NEEDS (N): Love-Links® #2 - Your greatest NEED (N) is to love and be loved.
♡ List ways that “meeting your Needs by loving others” can help you “be happy with what you have”.
Older & Wiser -DISCOVERING TRUTH ABOUT YOUR NEEDS (N): What good are possessions if you are not practicing and/or experiencing unconditional love? Match TRUTHS with their Source of TRUTH to align your life’s priorities to avoid apathy and include unconditional love when meeting your Needs.
- Mark 8:36 “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?”
- Philippians 4:11-13 “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- Psalms 9:18, 40:17 “For the needy shall not always be forgotten; The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.”; “But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God.”
- 1 John 3:17 “But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?”
- James 2:16 “and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?”
- Revelation 3:17 “Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—"
- 2 Timothy 2:16 “But shun profane and [a]idle babblings, for they will [b]increase to more ungodliness.”
- 1 Corinthians 12:21 “And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, ‘I have no need of you.’”
MATCHES: 1 _____, 2 _____, 3 _____, 4 _____, 5 _____, 6 _____, 7 _____, 8 _____
- You Need others in your life to experience completeness
- Meeting the Needs of your “soul” should be your top priority
- Meeting another’s Needs is one way you can show them love
- Meeting physical Needs of others is important to your Creator
- God has a specific way he wants you to meet your Needs (not wants)
- You Need God to be proud of what you do with your life
- God will never forget your Needs, nor abandon you in any way
- Meeting your physical Needs can obscure your spiritual Needs
Key: Needs Image 1-B; 2-E; 3-G; 4-C; 5-D; 6-H; 7-F; 8-A