“Christmas is Love”
♥SUNDAY 3, DEC. 13, 2020
- Begin: Have everyone bow their heads and pray for God’s blessing.
- Light the Prophecy and Bethlehem candles, then light the pink, or Shepherd’s Candle – the candle of joy.
- Reading: The change in color from purple to pink represents a change in focus from hope and peace to celebrate repentance. Repentance lifts the weight of sin and opens our life to amazing joy. This week we “rejoice” in sins forgiven, peace in our hearts, and a restored relationship with our heavenly Father. The key to the Holy Spirit’s image of relationships in our life is that of service. Gifts are good, but when given from a joyful heart, they are even more lasting. The apostle Paul instructs us, “So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7). The joy of sins forgiven motivates to serve him with a joyful heart. This Christmas, spread joy to yourself and others by serving them!
- Prayer: Father, help me to serve you and others with a joyful heart.
- Thought: “'It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Jesus (Acts 20:35)
- Optional Activity: Pick one or more topics below to discuss.
- How is Joy different from happiness? Can you recall a time in your life when you experienced great joy despite difficult circumstances?
- How might we share joy with others, particularly with those who may be struggling during the holiday season?