Your Love-Link®God-Image-Element #3:
Love transforms your RELATIONSHIPS (R).
♥ 3 · Learn to make friendships through “serving”.
KNOW YOUR RELATIONSHIPS (R):It is easier to “love and be loved” when you are serving others.
♡ What does Romans 12:3 suggest about the “importance of serving others over yourself” in building, maintaining, and/or restoring healthy Relationships? “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS STORY?
A talented warehouse worker was trying to get a promotion and was always in a hurry. His buddy also wanted the raise, but did not think he would get it. One day the worker was in a hurry to wash up for a meeting with his boss when he found a fork truck was blocking the door. Angry, he went to another washroom, yelling, “You have made me late!” hoping the offender would hear. His buddy, also washing up, made his way over the truck into the room to find the driver was hurt. Knowing he would not make his daily quota, he took the driver to the nurse. Later that day, when the boss selected his new assistant, which worker do you think he chose? He selected the one who was willing to serve others!
BELIEFS MATTER: Satan wants you to believe “lies” about your Relationships.
♡ What Lies about your Relationships are you tempted to believe, or have you tended to believe?
CHOOSE TRUTH: Choosing to know your (and other’s) Designs and Needs builds solid Relationships.
♡ Share with someone how forgiveness is key in building healthy Relationships. Why is love always a choice?
LINKINGLOVE AND DESIGN (D): Love-Links® #3 - Love transforms RELATIONSHIPS (R) in your life.
♡ List several ways that learning to “make Relationships through serving” can help “God’s image of love” be matured, and be displayed, in the way that you live your life. What ones will you “choose” to do this week.
Older & Wiser -DISCOVERING TRUTH ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIPS (R): Match TRUTHS with the Source of TRUTHS about how forgiveness, love, and serving can make “improvements” in all your Relationships.
- Romans 14:22 “Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.”
- Galatians 3:26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 “Love never fails. ... But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
- Titus 3:7 “that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”
- 1 John 4:16 “And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.”
- Galatians 5:13 “For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
- Matthew 18:22-35 “Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. … Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ …. So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”
- Matthew 23:11 “But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.”
MATCHES: 1 _____, 2 _____, 3 _____, 4 _____, 5 _____, 6 _____, 7 _____, 8 _____
- Jesus offers you a personal Relationship to the Father through him
- Loving Relationships help you know what God really is like
- Forgiveness is a key to showing love in your Relationships
- God gives you a list of “what loving Relationships” should look like
- Serving others is an indicator you are building loving Relationships
- Your Relationship with God is personal, but it always affects others
- God offers to restore your Relationship with him
- Servant Relationships make the best leaders
Key: Relationship Image 1-F; 2-A; 3-D; 4-G; 5-B; 6-E; 7-C; 8-H