Your Love-Link® God-Image-Element #6:
Love guides & balances COMPETENCIES(C).
♥ 6 ·Learn to “live well” by using your talents to the fullest.
KNOW YOUR COMPETENCE (C): Your talents bless your life and others – be Competent in each.
♡:What does 1 Corinthians 10:13 suggest about the importance of developing Competence in all our talents? “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS STORY?
A young man was drafted to serve in World War II. He kissed his new bride good bye and was shipped off to basic training. He had been taught, as a young believer, that he was responsible for his choices, and wanted to be his best he could be. Each weekend, while other soldiers went to the city to blow off their energies, he roamed the training halls and took various placement tests. Upon graduating, when the others in his class were shipped off to the war, his name was called to report, instead, to the commander. One of his tests had qualified him for further training and he was sent to school again. After the war, he found out that his first training class had been chosen for a major invasion, and none had survived. When asked, he faithfully shared with others that “If you are prepared, you never know when God will use you. Developing my competencies saved my life.”
BELIEFS MATTER: Satan wants you to believe “lies” about your Competence.
♡ What Lies about your Competence are you tempted to believe, or have you tended to believe?
♡ What “TRUTHS” in Love-Links® image-element #6 do you believe about your Competence?
CHOOSETRUTH: Choosing to develop Competence in your talents, can create blessings in your life.
♡ Which “5 Actions for Growth” can help you “intentionally” increase strong Competencies?
LINKINGLOVE&COMPETENCE(C): Love-Links® #6 - Love guides & balances your Competence.
♡ Share with someone how “using your talents to the fullest” helps bring “well-being” and to your life.
Older & Wiser -DISCOVERING TRUTH ABOUT YOUR COMPETENCE (C): Match TRUTHS with the Source of TRUTHS about how Competence can result in many rewards for your life, both temporally and eternally.
- 2 Corinthians 5:5-9 “Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.”
- Genesis 47:6 “The land of Egypt is before you. Have your father and brothers dwell in the best of the land; let them dwell in the land of Goshen. And if you know any competent men among them, then make them chief herdsmen over my livestock.”
- Proverbs 12:27 “The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, But diligence is man’s precious possession.”[LG1]
- Matthew 25:26-30 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’”
- Romans 12:1-23 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” NOTE: Read 12:3-23 also.
- Matthew 19:16-17 “Now behold, one came and said to Him, “’Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?’ So He said to him, ‘Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.’”
- 2 Peter 1:5 “But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,”
MATCHES: 1 _____, 2 _____, 3 _____, 4 _____, 5 _____, 6 _____, 7 _____
- Regardless of fear, you are to cultivate Competence in all your talents
- Competence in what you do does not replace your need for grace
- Those with Competence are often sought out for leadership
- A process for developing Competence in the way you live your life
- Developing your confidence and Competencies brings God glory
- Diligence (Competence) is important in meeting your needs
- Paul encourages you to be Competent in fully using all your gifts
Key: Competence Image 1-E; 2-C; 3-F; 4-A; 5-G; 6-B; 7-D